The ARS General Laborer may work in all locations of the mine –Retsof Bagging, as well as Hampton Corners surface and underground.
- Assist production operators underground or on the surface as needed
- Assist maintenance personnel underground or on the surface as needed
- If qualified, may be assigned to assist with:
- Maintenance duties
- Facilities maintenance. To include paint, mow, and general clean up
- Hand scaling operations
- Bagging operations. To include running the valve pack machine rotating through the various workstations
- Must be able to learn and operate the forklift to load and unload tucks
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Other job assignments as directed by management
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to eighty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT INFORMATION:
- Candidates must have open availability — The General Laborer must be able to work a 40-hour workweek with the availability to work any shift, including mandatory Saturday schedules when necessary
- Starting rate of pay: $25.70/hr.
- Paid holidays: 9
- Probationary Period: 120 Workdays
Fill out the application below and upload it with the submission form.
- Enter your information into the fillable fields in the document.
- When done, click the down arrow at the top of the application and choose the option to save “With your changes.”
- Save it to your computer and note the location you saved it to.
- Upload your application in the “Upload Application” box.