Department: Sales and Marketing
Reports to: Marketing Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Customer Service/Bid is responsible for processing and follow-through of customer orders to include items regarding delivery, shipment, and billing. The Customer Service/ Bid Representative assists Marketing Manager with bidding process and contract interpretation. The incumbent is responsible for interacting courteously, timely and professionally with those within the department, other internal departments, and customers.
- Maintains long, term positive relationship with customers
- Obtains and inputs customer orders and requires additional order information from customers when necessary.
- Makes sure that quotes are processed through the quoting process in a timely manner
- Identifies and escalates customer issues outside established guidelines to the appropriate superior or manager.
- Edits orders received for price and nomenclature
- Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer
- Prints shipment documents and forwards them to the Customer Service Supervisor for review.
- Records or files copy of orders received.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates.
- Prepares invoices and shipping documents such as export papers and commercial invoices
- Checks shipping orders to ensure they are accurate with regards to quantity shipped; this is done by comparing shipping documents with computer generated reports
- Receives and checks customer complaints
- Compiles statistics and prepares various reports for management as required
- Maintenance of database as it relates to customer, addresses, contacts, etc.
- Responsible for sending new pricing, with the correct multiplier, to all customers.
- Previous customer service experience in a demanding environment to include heavy phone and usage.
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail, but ability to multi-task
- High energy level and able to manage a variety of office production responsibilities
Associate degree (Business, Marketing, Customer Service or Finance related) and two (2) years related experience: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas were under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection.
Fill out the application below and upload it with submission form.
- Enter your information into the fillable fields in the document.
- When done, click the down arrow at the top of the application and choose the option to save “With your changes.”
- Save it to your computer and note the location you saved it to.
- Upload your application in the “Upload Application” box.